The technical salt is manufactured at JSC Belaruskali in two ways:
1) during salt extraction process at PU 1 and
2) in the course of the sylvinite ore treatment by hot leaching.
The raw material used to produce technical, fodder and edible salts is the rock salt mined from the productive seam located at the depth of 305 m. The rock salt is a physical and mechanical mixture of halite (NaCl) and insoluble residue containing a limited amount of impurities being the natural carbonate-sulphate-argillaceous material. The rock salt extracted using the selective method of mining is sorted depending on the insoluble residue content in technical and edible salts for further treatment and manufacture of products of standard quality. In accordance with regulatory documents the technical salt is rated as sodium chloride technical and mineral concentrate (halite).
1. The process of production of sodium chloride technical, mineral concentrate (halite) and bulk fodder salt at PU 1 includes the following stages:
• crushing of rock salt;
• check screening;
• preparation of anti-caking agents;
• product treatment by anti-caking agents (upon customer’s request);
• loading of finished product.
2. The process of production of edible salt includes the following operations:
• milling of rock salt to required size;
• dedusting – rock salt sizing;
• preparation of potassium iodate solution (КIO3)
• salt treatment by potassium iodate solution (upon customer’s request);
• salt bagging (30 kg net plastic bags);
• salt bagging (1 kg net paper bags)
• stockpiling and loading of finished product.
3. The raw material used to produce briquetted fodder salt is the dust fraction formed during the process of edible salt dedusting.
The production of briquetted fodder salt with (or without) addition of microelements consists of the following stages:
• dust fraction collection;
• dust humidification and addition of microelements;
• packing of salt briquettes;
• stockpiling and loading of the finished product.
4. The process of production of sodium chloride technical and mineral concentrate (halite) at PU 4 includes the following stages:
• transportation of dehydrated solid halite wastes for scrap metal separating;
• crushing to required size;
• loading of the finished product.